This is my main list of differences between Groups and Networks:
Networks don’ t have a leader or owner. (self learning) They don’t have a name (brand) or organization.
Groups are not open since you have to subscribe to participate in a group. They have a leader or owner and are organized. (they don’t promote self learning)
Twitter is a network
Twitter hashtags are groups
Facebook is a nework.
Facebook groups and pages are groups
Del.icio.us is a network
Del.icio.us tags are groups????
Do groups and networks follow the “90-9-1″ Rule for Participation ????
- Half an Hour: Collaboration and Cooperation
- Making sense of the difference between network and community
- My Personal Learning Network is the most awesomest thing ever!!
- CCK11 Characteristics of an autonomous learner
- #CCK11 A short reflection on groups and networks
- CCK09 Social Learning
- Connectivists Should Develop Their Own Connections Using Social Tools
- Social Networking Tools to Develop Strong, Weak and Potential Connections
- More on Groups versus Networks and Collectives
- On groups and emerging networks
- Who Are the Good Informants in your Network?
- CCK08: Networks, groups, nodes
- More on Groups and Networks
- Personal learning networks (2) its not about me, it just is